one word [hawk]

(ref: here)

"The bird-man cometh," she thought to herself, as the salesman pulled up to her store. A strange whisp of memories gone by, of unknown experiences, drifted from his horse as he popped to the ground. His strange helmet added to his general oddity, having been assembled from the petrified remains of an unusually large bird.

"Milady," started the man, "I have such wonders to show you! Let me but begin to ...."

"Stop it right now, Frank," asserted the woman. Standing on her porch with arms crossed, Mary challenged, "I dont know why you think I'll buy any of your stuff. I know you stole it from the Mercury Wallows."

"You are quite mistaken, Mary! I've done nothing of the kind," defended Frank, standing by his steed.

Pulling out the warrant for Frank's arrest, Mary read aloud "... wanted for damages in the amount of one million dollars."

"This rather suggests otherwise," said Mary, as she pulled out her shotgun.

"... Ah, but look at the time," responded Frank. "I believe I need to feed my steed! I'd best be going."

"Quite," replied Mary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i