one word [wand]

(ref: here)

A new dawn approached as Wilhelmina Aramanth Naomi Demina walked the lonely road to her new home. Bits of ancient tomes and disregarded rubble guided her weary feet as she warily approached the castle.

"Is anyone there," she ventured to ask, as her legs gently shook.

Silence filled the air, and she walked slowly toward the large, wooden door.

Lifting the knocker solemnly, Aramanth firmly let the knocker ring.

"I don't care if it is just past midnight," thought Aramanth to the wall. "I just hope I haven't woken the wrong person."

Rock sliding upon rock drew Amaranth's attention and she scuddled back as quickly as she could. The large door slid open and a small woman peered out into the darkness.

"Is that my sweet Wand," asked the woman.

"Here I am, momma," replied Aramanth.

"So here you are my child," cradled the woman, as tears filled closed eyes.

The two stood, entranced, in one another's embrace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i