one word [without]

(ref: here)

The old song rumbles through my heart; memories of loss and ache seem to color every movement.

"I wish I'd said something different," he said, as the dreams filled his eyes. "I wish I'd held onto her a little longer."

Rising from the bench, the flora and fauna around him seemed to grey at the edges.

"I simply had not been paying attention," he lied, as he tried deceiving himself with the old lines.

"Maybe, maybe it was really her fault," he considered, as he walked toward the nearest tree.

Small winds blew dandelion parachutes near his ankles.

"I suppose ... I suppose I was simply a fool," admitted the man; his steps drew him in grand circles around the small hill near the tree.

"I spent too much time on other things," said the man. "She was truly what mattered."

Begrudgingly, his shoes stopped walking, and the man forced his attention on the tombstone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i