quacks are not my type


So I have a personal site (lllama.org) which I cannot access at work because it is uncategorized.  I did a little digging and I believe it is because a site's category is automatically calculated based upon the content of that site.

My site is a mish-mash of links, references, and other things.
The links aren't broken - but the content is fractured.

So my idea is to re-factor the home page to be ... well, categorized.

My site's home page will be about duck typing.

This is intentionally a pun on the coding concept of duck typing - but the content will not mirror the reality. Instead I will make a site dedicated to offering some sort of combination of ducks, typing devices, and the like.

Likely little outfits for pet ducks.
And maybe mouse-pads for ducks.
And keyboards designed around webbed hands.

Anyway, I put this here as a reminder of my goal.

So - unit test 1:
I'll be able to access the site at work and it render (right now, as mentioned above, I'm getting "uncategorized")

unit test 2:
someone emailing me about not being able to buy something from the site.
I have this theory that just about anything can be a niche.
And if this is precisely targeted, but filled with actual items, there will be people wanting to buy.

** which means I'll need to find a way to charge people, have a little billing infrastructure.  So maybe drop-shipping.

Anyway,
[waves]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i