02-01 - The frogre

(Published 19-Oct-2020 21:30:08)

 On a good day, Andrew, the half-frog half-ogre stood 8 feet tall.


Today was not a good day.


"Stop squirming, Andrew," said the tailor. "I can't fix these trousers if you won't stop squirming."


Andrew looked in the mirror.


* I can't believe she said yes *


Andrew shifted flippers - and growled.


"If you refuse to stop moving," said the tailor, "I will keep jabbing you."


Andrew willed himself to freeze. Or tried.


* I mean seriously - you try standing still on flippers! *


The tailor adjusted the pants and tried pinning the pleat - and missed, poking the needle into Andrew's thigh.


Andrew accidentally kicked the tailor through the wall.


"Send me the invoice," said Andrew. "I'll get married in the swamp."


> excerpt, Frankenstein fables, typed in by phone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i