10-01 - Mining I

(Published 13-Nov-2020 05:58:34)

 Myoran 1

Spent all day at the mine again. Other crew members would sometimes come in to help - but mostl they don't go as deep. It gets lonely - but I have my mining song.



Myoran 3

Knocked off early because I hit a vein! I'm used to metallic ores - but this one was grey with weird blue gems. Some of the other guys got excited. I don't get it - they don't trade uncut gemstones - but I did fill up my cart halfway through the day.



Myoran 10

Ah, I have news. Those blue things the other day were glowing. I didn't think anything about it, but all the guys who put them in their pockets died. I wonder if the fact they were glowing was important. Dunno - but now there's only three of us here. I'm pulling triple shifts and I'm soo tired.



Myoran 11

Mortar Mines had a cave in! I was down on the fourth level, like normal. I heard a loud noise down the shaft and my training kicked in - I raced to the surface and tried to do a headcount through the smoke! All of us regular guys were there but the boss ... probably didn't make it. We'll have to wait for the dust to settle - but I might be mine-captain. I don't want to be mine captain.



Myoran 13

I miss mining. I've been doing paperwork for two days now and so much of these books are wrong or missing. I don't know what they were doing, and I can't tell if they were bad at it or hiding something. I tried contacting the overseer but she never responds. I reduced the miner's work hours - I don't want them sick or hurt. They were all so over-worked that they just stared lifelessly at me when I said to go home.



Myoran 18

It's been a week and somethings happening. I'm seeing ... hints of my old crew in the mines. I went down to check on the two living crew members, and I heard the voices of the dead. The loudest were the ones who died in the cave-in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i