10-02 - Mining II

 (Published 13-Nov-2020 18:25:05)

Myoran 19

As it turns out, the ghosts are just playful. They can't leave so are forced to interact with one another and all the other ghosts that have died here for hundreds of years. They're also hungry. Through some degree of pantomime and patience I learned that they can eat food that has been completely burned. The first time I accidentally burned a piece of toast, the sound was deafening.


Myoran 30

In addition to making sound, some of the ghosts can actually move things. Sometimes they mess with the new mining crew. Other times they cause lower levels to partially cave in. I've created a training regimen to teach the newer ghosts how to do it on purpose - as taught by the older ghosts. Most of the older ghosts are very polite - and are quite affable if I burn some fresh fruit.


Agonquil 3

I've begun paying the younger ghosts a food wage. In exchange, they mine the lower levels. If they keep this up I'll have to explain why my mine is so productive to the overseer.


Agonquil 5

Corporate sent a administrivia drone - a tall woman by the name of Ms. Cardalu with a no-nonsense hair bun, a pant-suit, and a clipboard. I've tried using distraction and apology to get her to disregard the lower levels - it's been moderately successful. The ghost miners are awkward around her for some reason - so they abandon the equipment the moment the elevator hits their floors. She's asked several times why I have dozens of unmanned mining gear placed throughout the mine. I don't think she believes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i