Book - Introduction - Corpus

[TOCBook - Introduction

I keep wanting to write a book. Sometimes it's a book of poetry, sometimes it's stories, sometimes it's essays, and sometimes it's doodles.

But I quit. Lots of little reasons - chores, boredom, irritation, distraction.

The reality is, like anything else, the writing isn't the hard thing.
It's the expression of the hard thing.

It's an indicator of disarray - but it isn't something to put stock into.


Because books matter.
And ideas are valuable.


Perhaps a mis-quote to put things into perspective:

"Success isn't doing the one thing right; it's learning to not do the many wrong things often enough that something sticks"
~ Some random person.


Here in the middle, my attribution:

I give credit to God for getting me this far. I have lived in a God-bubble my entire life; this doesn't mean my life is perfect - rather, that I am far more blessed than I have any right to be. Like everyone, I've had losses - but I have had LESS loss than others. I have a beautiful family, a home, and the luxury of being educated enough to know I don't know everything. But I do know I didn't do it alone.

Also, a shout-out to my wife: I certainly don't deserve her. Or, if you've chosen to read this: you. I don't deserve you. I have not yet mastered how to appreciate you, but please feel free to accept this token of a documentation of my affection.

And another shout-out to God. I take YOU for granted far too much. I am sorry about that. I have done better, I have done worse.

To you, my younger self. This book is written to and for you. I do not know the rite or cark to nudge you - but be encouraged: you are not defined by fear, hope is not empty, and there ARE real and good things.

And thank you, dear reader. Although anything I write is honestly for myself, I do appreciate and earnestly petition for someone who is not in my head to peruse what I create. Please forgive any research inadequacies, literary gaffes, and all unkindnesses.


And my vision:

This is intended to be a space of discovery. I invite you to join me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 01 part ii

Chapter 01 part iii

Chapter 01 part i